I wanted to post and describe a few changes i'm thinking about making towards the app. First off sorry for the delays I've been busy with family matters and vacation so there haven't been any updates. A few of the changes I'm hoping to add will be:
* Tablet Layouts
* Character look up from character screen (ex: long press and character bio shows up)
* Pull "New Comics" list from different place (seems the marvel site isn't very accurate with Marvel books)
* Add other publishers
* Save and email a "Pull list"
* Comic Store Locator
Friday, March 30, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Version 1.1.2 has been publish to the App market. After working with the downloading and parsing of the string instead of working with the stream, I have decided to work with the stream. It's literally a matter of one method taking 1-2 seconds to load while the other is 10-20 seconds to load.
You can pickup a copy here:
Monday, March 5, 2012
I have just completed the first set of changes to the MDCU app and will be uploading it after i have finished testing it on my phone and tablet.
- RSS Processing is handled after full download
- Added a context menu to the screen where you select your comic giving the user the ability to sort comics by Title (alphabetical, case-insensitive), or by Original Publish Date.
- Comic Titles are now sorted by original publish date, ascending, by default.
- Changed the ArrayAdapter to be custom to handle List<> so I can make the listview nicer in the future.
As always, Thank you so much for downloading the app and I hope you enjoy using it as much as i do. Please email me for any changes you'd like to see. I cant promise they will be added and if they are added I cant promise it will be added quick but I would love to hear them.